Haskell Garbage Collection
Functional programming used to have a bad reputation of being slow mostly due to garbage-collection. The Haskell garbage-collector (GC) actually has received some care and a number of options or programming constructs allow to reduce GC pause times.
- Generational GC For Haskell
- Optimising GC Overhead
- Incremental GC
- GHC Memory management
- GHC Special Objects
- Parallelism and GC
- Pushers moving away from Haskell to Go for GC reasons
- Is Haskell real-time ready yet?
There always is a host of interesting things to learn by studying complicated systems.
Static and personal site technology
If you read how this blog is built, you’ll figure out that I have some affection for personal and personalized websites. Thus I collect (do not hesitate to send yours to me) other viewpoints on how they built their website.
- My Website is one binary by jes
- XHTMLBoy’s Website recipe
- A list of Cool things people do with their blogs by Wouter Groeneveld